On 13 and 14 October, in the municipality of Itzer (Morocco), on the initiative of the AREBICA Association (Amis de la Réserve de Biosphère du Cèdre de l'Atlas), an information seminar on the principles and objectives of the Model Forests will be held.
This meeting takes place as part of the celebration of the 30th anniversary of the International Model Forest Network (IMFN) under the theme: “30 years for landscapes, partnerships and sustainability”.
During the two days there will also be: an exhibition dedicated to products made by local women's cooperatives, a meeting with youth associations and a path led by women's cooperatives dedicated to the discovery of aromatic plants, medicines and niche products. There will also be a guided tour of Lake Aguelmam Sidi Ali dedicated to school children, for the observation of water birds and introduction to No-Kill fishing.
AREBICA was declared in 2020, by the IMFN, Model Forest Initiative. The aim is to promote, support and undertake actions for the conservation and enhancement of natural resources, heritage and local development, within the territory of the Atlas Cedar Biosphere reserve, which includes the three national parks of Ifrane , Khenifra and the Eastern High Atlas.
Below there is the two-day program.
THURSDAY 13 OCTOBER
- 9:30 a.m. - Information workshop on Model Forest principles and AREBICA actions
- 11:00 a.m. - Coffee break
- 11:30 a.m. - Resumption of the debate
- 12:30 p.m. - Exhibition of the products of women's cooperatives and interaction with youth associations
- 1:30 p.m. - Lunch in a nomadic tent with entertainment and songs dedicated to the theme of the forest
- 6:30 p.m. - Visit to the exhibition of the “Feue MMe Requia”, an icon of traditional weavers
FRIDAY 14 OCTOBER
- 9:30 a.m. - Trip to discover aromatic plants, medicinal plants and niche products, led by women's cooperatives. Guided tour of Lake Aguelmam Sidi Ali dedicated to raising awareness of biodiversity conservation, environmental education, observing water birds and introducing No-Kill fishing
- • 1:30 pm - Return to Itzer for lunch