On November 13, the "Festival of Forests and forest fruits" will be held in Brgudac (Croatia). The festival is organized by the Municipality of Lanišće, the Istria Model Forest and the Babucera Association.
The Forest Festival is conceived as a diverse festival suitable for all generations. With it, the organizers promote, through the forest art, laboratories of forest pedagogy, forest therapy and gastronomy, all the benefits and services that forests offer us.
The Istria Model Forest Association, co-organizer of the festival, celebrates the 30th anniversary of the International Model Forest Network. As part of the Festival, Ana Fornažar of Istria Model Forest, will make a speech dedicated to the anniversary, which is entitled: "What is a model forest - 30 years of the International Network of Model Forests".
The festival, which has its fair part, conferences and workshops in the forest for adults and children, is held in Ćićarija, in Brgudac (Croatia), because it is a part of Istria a little neglected and traditionally lived exclusively by forestry; Therefore, the Association through various activities also wants to promote the other services that the forest offers us, namely tourist-recreational services, gastronomic and forest health.
In short, a day full of activities dedicated to the forest and its benefits! Below, the program of the day:
IN THE TENT
Workshops for children
- 13:00 - "Making insect houses", for children and adults - Bojan Aleksić
- 15:30 - "Color games - autumn magic", for children from 4 to 12 years old - Forest colors
Workshops for everyone
- 14:30 "Forest Aromacosmetics", production of cosmetics - Fitoaroma
- 15:30 "Making useful objects from wood", workshop - Darko Vukelic
- from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. "Mushroom specialties of Vesna Arzenšek", cooking and tasting
- from 15:00 to 18:00 "Forest chef - dishes from forest fruits and herbs" cooking workshop
IN THE FOREST
Workshops for forest children
- 11:00 "Forest workshop", for children from 7 to 12 years old - Dryads
- 14:30 "Forest finger and movement games", for children from 4 to 9 years old - Forest colors
Workshops for forest lovers
- 10:00 "Navigating in space using GPS" - Istrian Mountaineering Association
- 11:30 "Forest bath", sensory walk in the forest - Darko Vukelic
- 13:00 "Mushrooms of the Mirna River Basin", sample mushroom picking with a guide - Josip Marino Šimić
- from 14:00 to 17:00 "Art in the forest", ambient installation - Falco
IN THE MEMORIAL HOUSE
- 13:30 "Phytoaromatherapy and forest therapy" - Forest chef Anton Rudan
- 14:30 "What is a model forest - 30 years of the international network of model forests" - Ana Fornažar, Model Forest Istria
- 15:00 DJ Groot - forest and ambient sounds
18:00 Šćike ethnic group