The Tuscany Regional Council, in its role as MMFN Secretariat, approved a memorandum of understanding with Slow Food International on 25 of May, which has as its main objective the desire to create synergies aimed at promoting the enhancement of rural communities, stimulating the promotion of territorial projects and the agri-food and forestry resources of the territories and which have the key principles for their implementation in economic, environmental and social sustainability.
The approved document is part of the relaunch and strengthening of relations with bodies that have common and shared purposes with those of the MMFN; in this case both aim to support local development based on respect for the environment, sustainability and the protection of biodiversity as an indispensable asset for our planet, concretizing it following the principle of "thinking globally and acting locally" very dear to the two international networks.
AMONG THE OBJECTIVES OF THE PROTOCOL:
- Promote the enhancement of rural communities and the agri-food and forestry resources of the territories in which they live;
- Incentivize agricultural and forestry products (wood and no-wood) typical of the territories in a perspective of quality, healthiness and ethics (fair trade);
- Activate shared paths for the promotion of territorial projects that have the key principles for their implementation in economic, environmental and social sustainability;
- Support participatory governance processes that involve local administrations, businesses and civil society in full symmetry;
- Provide professionalism and skills in its specific areas to subjects, public and private, who carry out educational courses through the formal and informal training of young people and adults with the objectives of the previous points.
For the implementation of the objectives set and to give maximum sharing and effectiveness, the two bodies undertake to share and promote the actions undertaken also through international initiatives such as Terra Madre Salone del Gusto, the MedForum and / or other events to be planned. and achieve together.
The signing of the document will undoubtedly increase the numerous synergies already present, allowing for closer and effective collaboration also at a territorial level in all the countries where both organizations are present, MMFN and Slow Food International.