The MedForum 2015 was held from 12 to 16 October in Palencia (Castilla y León , Spain).
The Organizers of MedForum2015 was the Ecoadapt Project partners, with the Cesefor Foundation acting in its double capacity as Ecoadapt Project partner and MMFN Secretariat, along with the Junta de Castilla y León and the Instituto Universitario de Gestión Forestal Sostenible.
During the MedForum 2015 the final conference of the Ecoadapt Project was also held, entitled “Policy Recommendations from the Ecoadapt Project”.
EcoAdapt is an action-research initiative working with three Latin American provinces to influence water management processes that contribute to local development and reduce vulnerability of human populations to climate change through capacity building, knowledge sharing, conflict prevention and mitigation, and promoting joint work with local and national stakeholders.
The rest of the conference was consist of technical sessions, the MMFN General Assembly and a field trip in the territory of Palencia which had as its theme "Innovation in Non-timber forest products "
- The themes of technical sessions was:Europe-LAC and South-South cooperation. Follow-up on adaptation to climate change
- Input to UNFCCC COP21
The goals of the MedForum 2015 was:
- To start the second phase, of consolidation of the MMFN, after a successful first introductory phase (2009-2014), as a way of supporting the improvement of sustainable forest management in the whole Mediterranean
- To signal the end of the Ecoadapt project and to highlight its main results
- To stimulate reflection and discussion on the way forward in the implementation of effective natural resource governance and management, both in the Mediterranean basin and Latinamerica
- To draw together representatives of like-minded and like-mandated organizations and initiatives, to catalyze opportunities for networking and collaboration.
- To facilitate the exchange of information, simultaneous interpretation was be provided in English, French and Spanish.